If gas supplies are for Spanish companies, you may contact ICO. El Instituto de Crédito Oficial (ICO) has varied liquidity products, including alternative market MARF liquidity, on-lending facilities that include liquidity and short-term financing. Companies can also apply for direct loans and guarantees, and all these facilities are under market conditions.
ICO as financial State Agency has been mandated with the Ukraine guarantee facility of 10 billion euros available up to December 2023. The conditions are those agreed upon under the European Commission Ukraine Temporary Framework and are intended to cover the liquidity needs of companies and the self-employed (current expenses, working capital and investments).
The borrowers have to satisfy the ICO investment criteria, including KYC and ability to adopt best environmental, health and standards, which in many cases means going beyond national requirements.
How to Contact the ICO
You may send an email request for support to the EU Energy Platform to:
- The name of the financial institution(s) from which you are requesting support;
- The name and place of incorporation of your company;
- The ultimate beneficial owner(s) of your company;
- The destination of the gas you are willing to purchase;
- If available, an estimated amount of the requested financial support;
- Any other information you find relevant at this initial stage.
Please note that the EU Energy Platform will forward your request to the ICO.
Further contacts will be organized bilaterally between your company and the ICO.