If gas supplies are for Finland, you may contact Finnvera for financial support. Finnvera offers mainly domestic guarantees, but also loans and export credit guarantees and other services associated with the financing of exports. Finnvera secures the availability of business finance primarily by guaranteeing loans and guarantees granted by other financing providers. Your company can use guarantees granted by Finnvera as security for credits and other commitments issued by banks or other financing providers. Companies can also apply for a loan directly from Finnvera. However, Finnvera only grants loans as part of the company's agreed overall financing, so please always negotiate your financing project with your bank first.
Under its ECA (Export Credit Agency) function Finnvera can provide funded export credits and export credit guarantees for the financing of Finnish exports to energy investments abroad. Finnvera has recently adopted an oil & gas policy which limits supporting oil & gas energy investments according to E3F (Export Finance for Future) coalition guidelines.
How to Contact Finnvera
To contact Finnvera, you may send an email request for support to the EU Energy Platform to:
- The name of the financial institution(s) from which you are requesting support;
- The name and place of incorporation of your company;
- The ultimate beneficial owner(s) of your company;
- The destination of the gas you are willing to purchase;
- If available, an estimated amount of the requested financial support;
- Any other information you find relevant at this initial stage.
Please note that the EU Energy Platform will forward your request to Finnvera.
Further contacts will be organized bilaterally between your company and Finnvera..