The comfort function
The comfort function allows you to place bids before the start of an auction, ensuring that you do not have to actively follow every round of the auction as the bid has been placed previously.
In the screenshot below you can see in which sections of the UI you can place comfort bids:
Bearing in mind!
- By using the comfort bid function you have the possibility to submit bids for all PRISMA auctions (except Within Day) in advance.
- You can create new comfort bids for day-ahead auctions on the 'Auctions' page of the platform.
- To create a comfort bid for a long term auction, you must join the long term auction for which you want to create the comfort bid
Short-term comfort bids
When creating a short-term comfort bid, you must choose a network point at which you want the comfort bid to apply.
- If you begin typing a network point name or ID in the search bar you will be given suggestion
- When using the comfort function for day-ahead auctions you have to select a time period during which you would like to automatically use your pre-defined bids for certain day-ahead products.
- Day-ahead comfort bids can only be placed by a user before the start of an auction. Once an auction is running it is no longer possible to place an automated bid.
Bearing in mind!
The submission interval does not refer to the product runtime but at the moment the auction takes place.
Long-term comfort bids
Unlike short-term auctions that start and are published at the same point in time, long term auctions are published and start at two different times.
For this reason, comfort bids for long-term auctions can only be placed by a user after an auction has been published on the platform.
- To create a comfort bid on a long term auction, you must first join the long term auction for which you want to place the comfort bid
- Use the 'Future Bid' section to create a comfort bid. Enter the capacity amount you would like to create a comfort bid for and a maximum surcharge for which you are willing to buy that capacity.
- Please note that if you create or change a comfort bid during an already running bidding round, your changes will only come into effect in the next bidding round. If you would like to place or change a bid for the currently running bidding round, place your bid manually.